Why? What a complete waste of time and money. Driverless cars could only be more ethical than the ones with drivers in them. At least here they would be.
Here are just a few of the new ethical rules self-driving cars are going to have to follow once they are introduced in Germany:
1. No tailgating any closer than six inches while you’re doing 180 or higher on the Autobahn.
2. No pointing repeatedly to your non-existent head screaming at the top of your non-existent lungs about what a bunch of insufferable idiots all these other cars with drivers in them are.
3. No fist fighting over parking spaces because you don’t have any fists, you big dummy. Just run over the guy and that space is yours.
4. In “dilemma situations” when a crash is imminent, do not prioritize a human’s potential worth based on age, gender, race, physical attributes or political affiliation as all humans are equally worthless in the end.
5. If a collision is unavoidable be sure to have a little fun on your way out by making it a really, really big collision. Any human who survives is going to win in court anyway.
“All humans are considered equal for the poruposes of harm minimisation.”